Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaba1974

Nov 8, 2016
Georgia
I have a wood burning insert in a wood framed. The pipe to vent the fireplace is glavinzed on the outside and there's another pipe on the inside am not sure if it's glavinzed or what. I need to replace the pipe/vent lines. Question what is this pipe called? We're can I find it to purchase? I'm fairly handy and feel I can do the job myself. Is it hard to install? I was quoted about 2400 to do the work. I think that's crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well first off you dont have an insert you have a zeroclearance fireplace. And the pipe you are referrring to is the chimney. You need a specific brand that your fireplace specifies. You need to find out what brand and make fireplace you have so we can figure out what chimney you need.

e27cd9f2598e714a4c1e8cce7337d261.jpg

model number is V3600

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I call them they do sell what I need.
How hard a job is it to install? It looks like it all locks into place.

How hard a job is it to install? It looks like it all locks into place.
It is not all that hard it all depends on what acess you have. I also have to ask what your intentions are with the fireplace. If you want it for heat dont waste your time and money it will not be a heater for you.

No not for heat. Really just for looks. I know this fireplace really isn't to heat the house or the room. But we can't afford a good fireplace at this time.

No not for heat. Really just for looks. I know this fireplace really isn't to heat the house or the room. But we can't afford a good fireplace at this time.
As long as you understand it is just for ambiance then go for it that is what they are made for. I just wanted to make sure you were not expecting more than you were going to get out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.