Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovinmo

Jun 27, 2009
Southwest Missouri
Has anyone tried covering a brick fireplace front (not the inside) with metal flashing and securing with industrial screws/bolts for a modern look? What would you use to cover the corners so the metal wouldn't be dangerous. Could you use metal corner bead? I'm wanting to update my fireplace and want something different. I've seen backsplash and parts of walls covered with metal flashing and wondered about it for the fireplace.

As long as you dont mess with the fireplace opening to flue size ratio, i don't see why that would be a problem. If you need any custom metal work/ blacksmithing i have a buddy in eastern Kansas that might be able to help you out. He can do modern metal work, or classic.

Take a look a Stoll Fireplace products.
They make a ZC Reface that's held on with large rare-earth magnets
They make contmporary & traditional fronts in about 15-20 colors.
They a made to COMPLETELY cover any of the exposed metal on your existing unit.
Pricey, but very well made & look real good...

DAKSY said:
Take a look a Stoll Fireplace products.
They make a ZC Reface that's held on with large rare-earth magnets
They make contmporary & traditional fronts in about 15-20 colors.
They a made to COMPLETELY cover any of the exposed metal on your existing unit.
Pricey, but very well made & look real good...

I agree, the stoll product rocks, but i think she has a masonry application?

Status
Not open for further replies.