Fireplaces for the super rich - including a HUMMER Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, it seems the most expensive one is the one I like the best... that Aqueon is super cool.

I like the waterfall one.

karri0n said:
Unfortunately, it seems the most expensive one is the one I like the best... that Aqueon is super cool.

I'm with ya on that one. Generates its own hydrogen (by consuming a bunch of electricity I would imagine), then burns it. Cool.

Some folks just have too much money. But there are 2 that I like in that mess.

Some folks just have too much money. But there are 2 that I like in that mess.

I agree and I really dislike most of them if not all, two maybe. The Hummer is the worst..except the hood ornament

The Pictofocus is actually quite beautiful.

The Aqueon technology is cool, though I would prefer a different presentation. I kinda like the Fire Sticks and would like to see one burning. But at $3.8K each, I am unlikely to "fill my house" with them.

Random thoughts . . .

Seems to me when you try to make what is essentially a very low-tech, primeval thing such as gathering around a fire for a source of heat and light and try to make it high-tech or fancy . . . in the end you end up with something less . . . not more . . . gathering around a fire . . . whether it be a camp fire, bon fire, fireplace or woodstove . . . has always and will no doubt continue to be an experience that is best enjoyed when things are kept simple.

That said . . . I liked #1 . . . Pictofocus . . . perhaps because it offers the best view of the fire.

#11 . . . does the Olympic Committee know someone stole their torch?

#15 . . . I keep expecting Mario or Luigi to pop out of the end of this tube.

#7 . . . and now we know where Superman took Lois when he was wooing her at his Fortress of Solitude.

Those are a little over the top for me. The curse of being an average American I guess. If I won the lottery I would be excited because I could have more time to cut wood and probably have a house set up for two stoves. I like the more functional and traditional stoves. If someone has the money and wants to purchase stoves/artwork/conversation pieces, then good for them. It just isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.