Fires only on one side?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Skphoto

Nov 11, 2018
Missouri
I'll admit I'm a newbie. We've only had our fireplace for about 5 days. We bought a Quadra-Fire Voyageur Grand. Something I've noticed is we tend to only have the fire blazing on the left side of the fireplace. The right side of the glass also has a lot of creosote on it but the left side where the fires actually burning does not. is extremely rare ever look in there and see a balance fireplace from left to right.

What would cause this? I thought most the airflow came in on the right side of the fireplace yet our fires are only on the left side. It seems unaffected by me changing the airflow options. Im attaching a photo for reference.
Thanks!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181111_001234.jpg
    MVIMG_20181111_001234.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 104
Look for door or door gasket leakage on the side with the creosote accumulation. When the stove is cooled down try the dollar bill test on the door gasket.

Could the ceramic blanket be shifted and bunched up to one side?

My guess is the ceramic blanket is shifted like Ludlow mentioned, or there is a gap in the door gasket on the left.
Are your airflow levers all choked down?