Fireview vs Encore NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICY99 said:
Diabel said:
With unseasoned wood you're not giving the encore a chance...

With such wood you will clog the cat (on the fireview) & you will not be a happy camper!

Diabel, on an earlier post you said that everburn loves the wet wood as an excuse for VC's glowing stoves:

"Another thing...the wetter the wood the harder the everburn has to work to accomplish a clean burn...the higher the temps!"

By that logic you should recommend to Slow1 to fill the firebox with wet wood and then he'll get really high temps, no?

Icy,

Maybe, what I was trying to say is that with dry wood the everburn will run at a controllable temp. & it will not go into the "afterburn". However, if you do use unseasoned wood...it will take much longer to bring the stove up to the right temp. (500*) in order to engage the everburn. Once the everburn does kick in with a load of unseasoned wood, my opinion & observations were (from previous years of burning with less ideal wood) that there is more fuel for the secondary combustion (extra gases etc.) i.e. from the unseasoned wood. I could be wrong on this one....but this is what I found in the years past....

I hope this kind of explains my logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.