Firewood making tools

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your posts are always helpful to me. What you said makes a lot of sense BUT I am sitting here thinking I would never break the Logrite. It would be pretty hard to break a hookaroon under normal use I think.

Speaking of tools, my friends who have purchased those cheap chinese tools, like peaveys, have had very poor performance from them.

The reason I got a Logrite peavey was because my friend broke 3 Peavey handles. He has a sawmill and uses his a lot though. The handles are around $39 IIRC.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never turn down a Logrite tool. They are tops in qualiy, design, and are lightweight. For a Peavey, do prefer the Logrite over the wood handled models. The Peavy Mfg. hookaroon with wood handle is my first hookaroon, and I haven't used it enough to break it, but I certainly expect to do so, lol! If it breaks too often, a Logrite hookaroon will soon be in my shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.