Firewood Prosizer for cutting logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
Interesting find here. looks like its a laser that gets mounted to the side handle of your chainsaw and helps aid with measuring the length of logs to cut.
This is how this site ends up costing me money! Now I want something I didn't know existed this morning and probably (definitely) don't need. $60 does seem a bit pricey though. Of course I think a gallon of milk is like 40 bucks these days.

Reactions: clancey and johneh
That is something I could actually use. The question is, how long can it survive being mounted on a Homelite Super XLAO? The vibrations do a number on my hands. I can't imagine it would be good for any electronic device.

Maybe I get the laser, then spend $600 on a new saw so I don't risk damaging the $60 laser.

It looks like there is already a thread about this device in The Gear section:
1630593188209.png