First 24+ hour burn of the season!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adkjake

Burning Hunk
Jan 3, 2010
Adirondack High Peaks
Most of Oct. had been quite warm up here, but now 13 degrees in Saranac Lake this morning, 14 degrees in Lake Placid, 73 degrees in the living room! Ahh! love that wood heat

I'm a couple hours north west of you . Currently 21*f. Had a good fire all night but may let it die out today. Supposed to be a sunny day and we get a lot of sun on the windows. You live in a beautiful area. I played hockey a few times in Saranac Lake and Lake Placid. We also try to get to Whiteface at least once per year!

First, I'm relatively jealous of where you live (high peaks). If it weren't for the black fly season I would be completely jealous. But they are evil, so it evens it out a little, lol. I would trade the IJC for the APA though! Haven't managed to make it to the north country now in a few years, I miss it.

Oh, and, yeah, wood heat rocks! We were only down to 30 this am, and at 60 in the living room (we didn't put in a full load and we need to finish around a new exterior door this weekend, there's no weatherstripping/quarter round yet so it's a little "breezy" at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.