First burn in the Leyden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vande

Apr 4, 2009
Northern NH
So.... Some background...... My intention was to have a wood boiler taking care of all my heating needs at this point. then the current economy sets in, and I do not have many homes to build. Ergo, I reason to use the wood that I have been getting ready and to set up a wood stove in my fireplace. First impressions, quality castings, tight tolerances, and good heat. I have been using wood to keep myself warm since my parents sent me packing. Only complaint at this point is the noisy blower. I will work on this as time marches on, And I am sure I will make it acceptable. Family is warm and now Daddy is back to being King, (as should be) .
The Leyden, is marching along, and takes wood, and input without question. This stove is awsome, and at the moment surpases my expectations. Time will tell, when the temp moves to single digits we will see what the response is. The secondary burn is impressive and beyond my technical expertise. Needless to say, it is fine and I wll enjoy the warmth. I was really wanting the Jotul, and now realize that my space constrictions led me to the answer.......Lopi Leyden

Status
Not open for further replies.