First burn of the year.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ThunderMedic

Oct 19, 2015
Lusby MD
Promised the kiddos smores today. We ended up going to a baseball game and didn't get home until around 2230, and didn't feel like lighting off the burn pit. Turns out the wood stove makes a killer smore oven! Also, 2 year seasoned tulip poplar doesn't even require kindling to start! 4ade0511b717b1f4e2a92971d78fd564.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Glad that you are enjoying the woodstove. Tulip Poplar is great for the shoulder season as well as pine and hemlock. I've currently got all three of those wood types in my shoulder season wood stacks.

Reactions: ThunderMedic
I've got about a cord of tulip poplar that's CSS from last year that's super dry stashed away for shoulder season. I'm saving the maple, oak, cherry, and black locust for the serious burning. I'm still stacking the 18-19 wood and planning the 19-20 stacks now. I like to keep it separated by species, age, and dryness.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk