First burn with the new venting...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletGirl

Burning Hunk
Oct 25, 2014
Long Island, NY
As some of you may remember, we had our stove installed last fall and had numerous issues with the venting, with smoke odors in the house. At the end of last season, we finally had the pipe changed to 4", there is now no connection in the wall and we have extended the termination past the edge of the house. Everything is sealed, stove cleaned, needed new gasket installed and we turned the thermostat on. A couple days ago it was cold enough to trigger the stove to start and finally - no smoke odor! Happy camper here. Hoping that with this proper ventilation comes even better performance from our stove. Thanks again for everyone's help last season while I figured out how to solve the venting issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: bogieb
Fantastic! Hope you have a warm and safe winter.

Reactions: PelletGirl
Awesome news! Glad everyone was able to help solve your issues. Stay toasty ;)

Happy to hear! My wife was begging me to fire the stove up last year, but I refused just yet. It would have been 85+ in here in no time. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.