First chimney cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
Well I got my 40 foot ladder out to be able to reach my SS chimney. After removing the cap the chimney looked pretty clean, except for a little crunchy creosote on the sides. So I was worried my 6" brush could get stuck and there wasn't much to clean out I decided to try somehting new.

I went to the garage and got my battery operated weed eater. I pulled three inches of line out each side and grabbed some wash line. I tied the line to the handle and pulled the trigger and hit the lock. Dropped it down the chimney and slowely lowered it down 14 feet. I slowly pulled it up and down, what a wonderful job it did.

By the way make sure you wear ear protection before attempting this.

the stove we removed was a cheap ashley knock off made by US Stoves Really it was well past its time and bodering as being unsafe to use.

Btw as long as it is cleaned good job

Status
Not open for further replies.