First ever......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sons924

Burning Hunk
Mar 7, 2013
First season with my Montpelier and I'm still learning different things about this insert. Cleaning out the ashes has always been an issue, until this morning. Finally, I was able to clean out most of the insert while leaving enough coals for a relight with only kindling. No paper, no fire starters! Glass is alittle dirty from last nights burn but todays fire will take care of that. Happy MLK Day to everyone.

I just got a Montpelier recently so I'm reading threads and trying to learn things. (first stove I've owned too) Curious what you mean about finally being able to mostly clean it out while still leaving coals. What was different?

Hay Joan, welcome to the forums !! Second member of Dah Sistahood tonight, we're on a roll !!

Best bet is to start your own thread and get some answers !

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, seems like we might be the minority on this forum. Good advice about starting my own thread. Thanks!

Not just hot coals but it is usually a good practice to leave an inch or better yet, about 2" of ash in the bottom of a stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.