first fire in "new" old stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

playernulla

Sep 17, 2008
seacoast nh
Temp dropped to 60ish here in southern new hampshire and I fired up the Fisher stove I bought this summer and installed last weekend. Its big and black and manly. I switched to newer high efficiency modern stoves seven years ago and they remind me of 12 cylinder jaguar engines. Look great on paper able to heat 10,000 square feet with a single stick of firewood but for the life ofme I used more wood and got less heat and more puffing. Sold my "large" dutchwest whose firebox was tiny once the catalytic was accounted for and it never came close to heating my relatively tight 1500 sq ft house it was rated for unless I fed it every hour and built a big base and the moon was in pisces and the wather was above 40 with no wind.

Im a live free or dier. I want the airport to complain about the noise from my stereo. I want my stove to melt the snow off my neighbors roof. I'm not insensitive. I want a stove with a big firebox so my girlfriend can cut the logs to 20 inches and my wife doesnt have to split and haul so much being pregnant and with her bad back and all.

Woods not such a big issue since my neighbor works and I dont so I take his wood and put it on my pile. Hes always yellin at his wife about how much she uses.

So tonight was my first fire in the Fisher and she burned very nice with the doors off and threw some nice heat. I invited my neighbor over to enjoy it seein how it was his wood but he did bring the beer too. America. What a country. If I could just find me a woman like that sarah palin to hunt with....;

Twas nice meeting ya, have a good one.

Strange, I have a medium DW that I heat a 1500 sq ft two story shop with no problem less than three cords of wood 24/7 from Oct till April. I'LL say it again. Either you got wet poor wood, or a bad chimney. My brother and son both heat more sq ft with the same stove. I'LL fight ya for Sarah, shes mine

I think problem was we needed more size because we burned all night then left for day without time to build a base. Ran her too close to edge. Plus Im getting old enough to think everything old is better than newer.

Quote of the day... Too funny!

Im a live free or dier. I want the airport to complain about the noise from my stereo. I want my stove to melt the snow off my neighbors roof. I’m not insensitive. I want a stove with a big firebox so my girlfriend can cut the logs to 20 inches and my wife doesnt have to split and haul so much being pregnant and with her bad back and all.

Thats forkin funny!

I'm a firm believer that the newer stoves are better if you run them right. Older stoves tended to have a leak here and there- allowing air in so they ran hot with a big firebox. Get a new one burning right- you'll get more heat on less wood with less smoke. That means- cat engaged, or secondary burner firing off (I don't have cat experience to be honest).

Oh- and don't believe the mocked up Palin photos in a bikini. That aint her- it's a photoshop job.

-pH- Got exactly what I need already :)

"I want a stove with a big firebox so my girlfriend can cut the logs to 20 inches and my wife doesnt have to split and haul so much being pregnant and with her bad back and all. "

Wife know about the girlfriend? Or do they work together on the wood pile coming from your neighbors?

You must have a plugged kneutter valve. Either that or your flux capaciter needs to be re-aligned. Each are simple fixes.

I think this is what AP was referring to . He's right its a fake

Attachments

• 2008-09-02-images-sarahpalinbikini.jpg
    2008-09-02-images-sarahpalinbikini.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 283
Im a live free or dier. I want the airport to complain about the noise from my stereo. I want my stove to melt the snow off my neighbors roof. I’m not insensitive. I want a stove with a big firebox so my girlfriend can cut the logs to 20 inches and my wife doesnt have to split and haul so much being pregnant and with her bad back and all.

Thats why I love comming to this site, I meet people who are just like myself, and make me roll over with laughter! :lol:

Why I have that one beat. Last night we wanted a fire so loaded up the stove. Then right before I lit it I remembered I forgot
to clean to chimney. So I climbed up on the roof with 10 gal of gas and dumped it down the chimney. Then I went back into the
house and threw a match into the stove. Boy you shoulda seen the flame shoot out of the chimney. Had to be 40ft tall, Sounded
like a 747 flew right over my house, Made the black sky look like day. Man I can't wait till next year so I can clean the creosote
out of the chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.