First Fire of The Year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Dropping down to 44 tonight so over coffee this morning the wife mentioned how it would be nice if we had a fire in the wood stove tonight,done. This picture is from Jan. so I'll see if we can get a similar size fire in the Liberty tonight.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2542.jpg
    100_2542.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 494
Yea that fire should open a few doors... ;-)

smokinjay said:

Do you have everything all set for the coup?

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

All but milling the siding.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

What type of wood are you using for the siding?

zap

Black Walnut or Ash. Just depends on how this bw log looks when opened up. (I need to benchs for sure) If its really nice then Ash it is.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

zap

Black Walnut or Ash. Just depends on how this bw log looks when opened up. (I need to benchs for sure) If its really nice then Ash it is.

Did you see the benches Page made with the chainsaw.

zap

zapny said:

zap

No?

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny" date="1314047208 said:
smokinjay" date="1314046954 said:

zap

zap

zap

No?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/77860/

After looking at these in Boonville I remembered you are going to make some.

zap

Burning already Zap? I'm def not ready thats for sure. Plenty of wood c/s/s but not wanting the cold yet

ohio woodburner said:
Burning already Zap? I'm def not ready thats for sure. Plenty of wood c/s/s but not wanting the cold yet

The wife wanted a fire with it going down in the high 40's so we warmed it up with seven splits of Cherry, woke up in the morning with the warmth of the fire in the air and the smell of cherry and some nice coffee.

zap

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

zap

Wow bw siding them be some proud chickens

zapny said:
ohio woodburner said:

The wife wanted a fire with it going down in the high 40's so we warmed it up with seven splits of Cherry, woke up in the morning with the warmth of the fire in the air and the smell of cherry and some nice coffee.

zap

Got chilly here too. Parents are coming out this weekend for an overnight visit. Wife said maybe should get the boiler running....I replied with "I'll call mom and tell her to bring a sweater". :)

cptoneleg said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay" date="1314046954 said:

zap

zap

Wow bw siding them be some proud chickens

I have a couple logs that need milled don't think they will make the grade. If they do I will just slab it and use ash. (Good chance it will be very wide sapwood)

Zap, you beat us by a bunch on the first fire. We hope to wait another month yet.

The sad part is that I just started the air conditioner. Temperature is going up but even worse if the dewpoint is too. Makes for some very uncomfortable air.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, you beat us by a bunch on the first fire. We hope to wait another month yet.

The sad part is that I just started the air conditioner. Temperature is going up but even worse if the dewpoint is too. Makes for some very uncomfortable air.

The nights are still dropping down to the low 50's with the day temps abou 74-75. I think our first year burning the month of September was the best month we had that summer, so I'm hoping for a good September.

Looking to cut at least 3-4 more cord before the snow hits the ground, need to fill the area that use to hold the wood we sold.

zap

If it got down in the 40's I'd be sleeping with the windows open. I'm tired of being hot and hearing the AC run all the time. I'm not ready to start burning by a longshot either. I want 70* during the day, and 55* at night for the next 3 months. Is that asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.