First Snow of the Season!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2012
Vermont
Well, up here in Vermont we had the first official snow of the season Friday night into Saturday morning. Woke up to about 23 degrees Saturday morning. Sunday morning was colder at about 19 degrees and it snowed off and on all day...didn't amount to much but a covering of the ground but carrying 2 tons of pellets in from pallets in the driveway to my sun room where I store them for the winter in a snow storm was a treat :). This mornings temps were the coldest so far at about 16 degrees. Needless to say we had a fire going since Friday night and went through about 3 bags of pellets so far. A sign of things to come for sure but call me crazy, I love the winter and all the snow and cold that comes with it (although I can do without the -30 degree arctic blasts of last year) and sitting inside feeling the warmth of the stove and watching the soothing glow flicker up and down while the wind and snow whips by the house outside...nothing better ;lol.

Reactions: Ashful and bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.