Ctwoodtick Posted By Ctwoodtick, Mar 18, 2019 at 7:15 PM

1. Ctwoodtick

Ctwoodtick
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 5, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast CT
    C8619EA4-CDAD-49CD-BDF7-2DFF93DEB82C.jpeg the is was my first season burning pellets, so I swept out pipe today. In doing do, o realized the rubberlike gasket at the clean out was misshapen in one spot, as shown in pic. I have a cleanout on the inside of room and outside a long my foundation wall. The cleanout outside was normal so I swapped them out (thinking I’d rather have something not quite right on the outside of house rather that inside right next to stove). I’m not sure what the lifetime of these gaskets is or if they are replaceable. Pipe is Ventis Pellet Vent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Not familiar with that product,but good move swapping them out,Looks like the gaskets are replaceable,might want to order a few.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ctwoodtick

Ctwoodtick
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 5, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast CT
    Will generic pellet gasket work or will I need Olympia ventis pellet vent specifically?

4. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    It’s going to be brand specific. They all make their connections different.