First Two Stage Electric Snowblower I have seen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sad to say, prior to the used Honda I had bought a expensive Husqvarna, It was badge engineered. from some other manufacturer. The cable froze up on occasion and rotted out in the summer from water sitting in low spot. The assembly to hold the blower handle engaged when in drive was a piece of crap. I was always adjusting it and replacing parts. The eccentric levers that engaged the belts were sloppy. I was willing to work on it but for most I think it would have ended up in a dump long before I got rid of it.

Sad to say, prior to the used Honda I had bought a expensive Husqvarna, It was badge engineered. from some other manufacturer. The cable froze up on occasion and rotted out in the summer from water sitting in low spot. The assembly to hold the blower handle engaged when in drive was a piece of crap. I was always adjusting it and replacing parts. The eccentric levers that engaged the belts were sloppy. I was willing to work on it but for most I think it would have ended up in a dump long before I got rid of it.
Mine was not expensive and was a floor model I snagged for $700. I just use it for the areas next to my house, everything else is taken care of with a 76" PTO blower. If it ever dies I will certainly get an electric. I can tell it's not the best piece of equipment ever. The pull cord came out, either broke or the knot came out, so I'm glad it has electric start!

The electric start on my blower died years ago. I keep planning on fixing it, but never get around to it. The pull cord broke and I fixed that, but haven't pulled the electric off to fix it.

The electric start on my blower died years ago. I keep planning on fixing it, but never get around to it. The pull cord broke and I fixed that, but haven't pulled the electric off to fix it.
I plan on fixing the pull cord, it came out on me while I was using the blower and haven't had a chance to fix it since.

Be nice if they used 100ah Standard sized battery instead of special battery pack. That Toro 7.5ah battery is $359 vs $649 for LOSSIGY LiFePO4 Battery 12V 200Ah Deep Cycle Lithium Iron Battery. I have 1000ft of driveway and big circle at the end. I think this Toro is the best of them so far and it would not do it without 2 extra sets of batteries. That is a lot of money for battery that will be worthless in 5 years. Gas engine will run lots longer.
Good thing about snow blowers and batteries is they probably won’t see more than 30 charge cycles a year (assuming you get the job done on one battery charge) . Just guessing here. If Apple can get 600 cycles out of 2015 technology I think they would last quite a long time.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Good thing about snow blowers and batteries is they probably won’t see more than 30 charge cycles a year (assuming you get the job done on one battery charge) . Just guessing here. If Apple can get 600 cycles out of 2015 technology I think they would last quite a long time.

Same with lawn mowers. One battery does my lawn if I keep on top of it. Thats no more than 30 weekly mows. I probably stop mowing in October, pick it up in April or May. Most of our snowfalls are small enough I do the exercise route and throw shovel fulls, so there's a good chance a battery could last a real long time.