First year with an Enviro Evolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmiller1977

Hearth Supporter
Nov 13, 2009
Dunsford, Ontario
Greetings everyone!

After browsing the forums here, and not being able to find an answer to my question, I figured I'd just post it :)

My wife and I had an Enviro Evolution installed over the summer. We love it!

However, we are having a problem with "dust" build up on the window. This dust is "brownish" in colour, and once the stove cools, it wipes right off with a soft rag.

After 15 hours of burning, you can barely see through this stuff.

I've played with the damper and it doesn't seem to make a difference, I've also changed the combustion blower to the #3 (of 5) setting as per the manual. Again - no change.

On feed speed #3 (of 5) we get a nice sharp flame, lower settings produce smallers flames that don't leave the burn pot, but are yellow, not orange.

Does the dust on the glass sound like a combustion problem, or, more of a pellet quality problem? Can I do any harm to my stove?

We've bought a couple of tons of pellets from SeaBoard Internation Forest Products (http://www.sifp.com/), but, since this is our first year burning, we have nothing to compare to.

Does anyone have any advice for pellet noob? :)

Thanks in advance!

A white/tan build-up on the window is normal especially when the stoves been running on the lower settings during the warmer weather. It's much less of an issue when the cold temps come since the stoves are more efficient when running at higher temps.

Just shut the stove down once per day, allow the glass to cool and wipe it down with a damp cloth/paper towel.

You'll learn to love it.

We have a 1890's era home that's drafty on a good day.... our kitchen/porch was always the coldest area... not any more. This is our 3rd year with the stove... getting well acquainted with it and can now work around it, doing cleaning and such, without any fear of screwing it up.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.