Fisch LS-8000 II 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The grossman's outlet one is an Iron Horse 6 ton splitter, that I have used andreviewed it. in the gear room use site search (Iron horse) There may be a live video from another member after he bought one.

there is quite a noticable difference in 6 tons over the 4 ton, Also check the length and width capacity of the Fisck I believe it only splits 14.5" logs the Ryobi and grossman's Iron horse splitters will split up to 20" logs If splitting 16" logs I used a 4/4 block to take up the extra space and to make it cycle faster. The extra 2 ton capacity is well worth $89 especially over the Fisch

Two weeks ago Grossmans had a store wide 15% off, that splitter sold for $245,making it an even sweeter deal. 30 days money back garantee with your sales slip

I heard thses splitters were so easy a neathanderthal can use them

Do you really think the Grossmans is 6 ton, or is it just marketing hype?

I live right near a Grossmans in RI, but I always see it for $289.
I gues i willl just keep watching for the store wide sale.

JM

I used the 4 ton Ryobi the best 4 ton splitter available wins the catagory hands down.
now take that 4 tons and add 50% more capacity you now have the Iron Horse. I have used them both.
The two extra tons is well worth less money than the Ryobi. If Ryobi were 6 tons than no contest..
Btw if near the MA border our sales tax is only .05%

Is there a way to measure the force generated? My fishing scale only goes to 100 pounds! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.