Fischer Grandma Bear parts needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiller

I just had a fireplace insert installed into the area where my old ('82) fischer grandma Bear Fireplace stove was hooked up into. In moving the stove, they broke the glass in the door. So my question is, ... is there a place online that i can check prices & purchase new glass for the doors. unit was manufactured on UL737/1482NWTL-RPT 9-30-82
My local glass people say they can get it, but price was significant per glass.....
you-all can email me at Beaverroof @ aol.com, or post here.... thanks

generic stove glass can be has at nearly any glass shop. why risk shipping glass?(this is coming from a stove parts guy)
i will only recomend ordering glass if it has unique cut or worse yet, bend(thats the pricey stuff)

my local glass shop has 5mm thick neo ceram(woodstove glass) for $60+/- sqft cut

Status
Not open for further replies.