Good morning. We acquired our house about 1.5 years ago. It has 2 wood stoves with a shared central chimney. The one in the basement is unlined the one on the livingroom is. We had the one in the living room inspected and cleaned prior to use this year( 2 months prior to fire). We used seasoned madrone and oak that was kept in a dry shed . The day before Thanksgiving we had a serious flue fire. The fire wasent in the lined flue but in the space between it and the block chimney. When it was out and we inspected the fireplace there was about a 2+ inch build up of creosote in between the chimney and the flue. We pulled the flue and cleaned the actual block chimney. We had the flue inspected and wrapped and will be reinstalling this weekend. The new inspector believes the previous owner burned the basement stove and it leaked smoke into the living room stove chimney causing the build up of creosote. We dont use the basement stove so that shouldnt occur again. My main concern is the inspector said our fischer woodstove is prone to flue fires and recommends replacing it . I really like it because is has a cook top and we loose power frequently during winter. Are fischer wood stoves prone to flue fires? Any additional recommendations for our situation? I read a thread on baffles would that help? Advice on baffles when top vented? Thank you .