Fisher Doors for sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd_C

Dec 15, 2013
littlebyteservices.com
It's been awhile since I posted.
I have 20+ Fisher doors for sale. Ranging in sizes from Baby Bear to Grandpa Bear.
These doors have never been installed or used. Slight surface rust but in great condition.
I have a couple of rare doors as well
Message me and we can discuss the details

I have 20+ Fisher doors for sale. Ranging in sizes from Baby Bear to Grandpa Bear.
These doors have never been installed or used. Slight surface rust but in great condition.
Do you have any doors for a Grandpa Bear?

There's a pair of arched Grandma doors on eBay right now.
Don't know if they'll fit your stove but someone here would know.

0314171454.jpg 0314171454b.jpg 0314171456.jpg 0314171459.jpg 0314171500.jpg 0314171454a.jpg

Reactions: ken morgan
Do you have any doors for a Grandpa Bear?
Depends on the Grandpa model.
If it is a Grandpa III with arched doors, they are available from a guy in Colorado.
If they are flat top, they can have the smaller trees after 1976 or the larger trees as shown in the third photo from the left. That is a right side Grandpa door with large trees. The smaller Grandma doors were only made with the smaller trees, and the large ones were dropped later to make them match.

Be aware no doors will simply set right on your stove and match the hinge plate locations. There were many molds at different foundries and the hinge ears will all be a little different. Each stove was laid on its back, and the doors are positioned, centered on the door seal. The hinge plates were then tacked in position for that door or door set. Then fully welded in the correct position for that particular door. Hinge plates need to be removed and re-welded in the correct position for your new door.

Reactions: ken morgan
Do you still have these doors? Someone tried stealing my stove but only made away with the doors!
till ha

The first post of the Everything Fisher Thread will identify any complete Fisher Stove.
You may need the door opening measurement to identify your stove model.

Papa is a single door stove. Grandma and Grandpa are the common double door stoves, but there are many more.
Were they flat top or arched top doors?

The first post of the Everything Fisher Thread will identify any complete Fisher Stove.
You may need the door opening measurement to identify your stove model.

Papa is a single door stove. Grandma and Grandpa are the common double door stoves, but there are many more.
Were they flat top or arched top doors?
This stove has the or had the double doors. I want to say arched.

If you're not sure if they were arched or flat top, once it is identified by the door seal opening size, (Grandma will be 17" wide and Grandpa will be 21" wide) the measurement from lower hinge plate to upper hinge plate will tell me the door style.
You are aware the hinge plates will need to be moved on the stove front to fit another door set, correct?

A few door sets sold cheap on eBay in the last couple years, but you need to know your model first.

If it has the Grandma size opening with arched doors, your chances increase greatly since the Insert, Teddy Bear and Grandma III all use the same doors.

If you're not sure if they were arched or flat top, once it is identified by the door seal opening size, (Grandma will be 17" wide and Grandpa will be 21" wide) the measurement from lower hinge plate to upper hinge plate will tell me the door style.
You are aware the hinge plates will need to be moved on the stove front to fit another door set, correct?

A few door sets sold cheap on eBay in the last couple years, but you need to know your model first.

If it has the Grandma size opening with arched doors, your chances increase greatly since the Insert, Teddy Bear and Grandma III all use the same doors.
Yeah I read that on here that they would have to be moved. I am fine with that. I have moved the stove down to the barn I will have to dig it out and look at it again take some measurements and get back to you. Your information has been very helpful. These doors have been the first that I have seen at all for sale!

Are there or were there ever doors with glass inserts for a Grandma Bear? I have the screen but never use it.

Tom L.