Fisher Grandpa

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike49

Feb 4, 2019
Emmett Idaho
I’m living in Boise Idaho...purchased a grampa model in Utah, I would like to find out a weight for the stove without the fire brick. Anybody got a link or a number for me...it would help really help me out!! Thanks!!

My story...worked for about 3 years for folks that had worked and learned from Bob in Eugene in the early 70’s. They drew the franchise in Post Falls, Idaho. I don’t know/can’t remember how long they were in business before that time. Anyway after they sold out to Bobs sister and her husband ( not the description I would use for the guy )...this is a family friendly site...I left them and say, from my heart, It was the happiest 3 yrs of my young life.

So...yeah, I do need a weight or HELP finding the weight of the stove...please & thank you!
Mike

Reactions: Todd67
Welcome to the Forum!

Here's what I have for weights on the old style box with angle iron legs;
An ad in 1978 gave 454 Lbs.
In my notes I have 466 lbs with brick, 375 lbs. without. (without screen)
I didn't put a note there how I came up with that info. so I probably weighed it before and after removing bricks.

If you worked for Dick Higgins he started the Post Falls business with 2 friends, Jerry Hilperts and Nicky Parish. I've got the date they started their own somewhere here. I know it was in 1975.

@Mike49 , welcome to the forum!