Fisher insert to be used on a patio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrhosr

Nov 11, 2016
California
I was curious if a Fisher insert can be used with a stove pipe? I want to put the stove on a rolling platform and wheel it around on a outdoor patio.
Thanks in advance

These should be no problem with your idea. Attach the proper transition piece to the flue exit at the top of the firebox and then attach whatever length of chimney you wish. Exhaust is exhaust and will rise. The only questions are how mobile is this stove and is you patio stone or concrete?

These should be no problem with your idea. Attach the proper transition piece to the flue exit at the top of the firebox and then attach whatever length of chimney you wish. Exhaust is exhaust and will rise. The only questions are how mobile is this stove and is you patio stone or concrete?
The patio is all concrete. I was curious of the chimney because of how the damper is on the Fisher insert. I am assuming it can be removed and just put an inline damper in the stove pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.