Fisher Polar Bear IV on market place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

john26

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
If anyone is interested I found a Fisher Polar Bear IV on FB market place for $350 seems like its hard to find a Fisher with glass from hat I can tell its a Polar Bear IV what do you think coaly?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/171119774552339?ref=saved&referral_code=null
1614687998214.png

I would have to see the tag with model on it. From the picture it looks like a Honey Bear Insert. The top plate should have a double space to the firebox top and a double shield on top for zero clearance fireplace. They look different with a support spacer in the center of the air vent. It could be there since the pic is taken so low it doesn’t show the entire top.
Even so, I’d buy it if it were near me.

The door glass is Series III. Honey doors fit Polar Bear and the solid doors for Polar Bear were used on Honey Bear. I think they are regular Honey Bear doors.

Door glass shape was flat across the top on Series III Grandma and Insert using Grandma doors. That was the shape on early Honey Bear as well. Here is a Series IV glass door on a Honey Bear Insert.

Honey Bear insert Ohio 1.jpg
The tag;
Honey Bear Insert Ohio 4.jpg

This is the Polar Bear with much larger airspace around firebox;

Polar Bear for sale 850.jpg Those are the solid doors marked PB also used as the optional solid doors on Honey Bear.

They are about as rare as a Tech IV. So I'd buy either if I could find them.

On the subject of rare Inserts; Here is the Tech IV and tag;

Tech IV 2.jpg Tech IV 4.jpg

Tech IV 3.jpg Tech IV Label.jpg

Tech IV.jpg

Just no pleasing the EPA, but I'll take one anyway !