flame shield on Pacific Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jh712497

Oct 12, 2007
I am in the process of installing a pacific energy pacific (medium size) insert. The parts diagram shows a part called a flame shield, but there is no mention in the manual or what to do with it. Does anybody know where it should go?

The Flame Shield is a square stainless steel plate that mounts to the underside of the top plate, above the baffle. It should be pre-installed, but if it has come out, remove the baffle plate or look down through the flue collar and you'll see the mounting hole right at the very front edge of the flue collar opening. You'll need a 1" bolt and nut to re-install the plate.

Thanks, can I use a normal stainless steel bolt/nut ala Home Depot or do I need something special with higher melting point?

Status
Not open for further replies.