Flashing for wood stove pipe on metal carport roof?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Novick93

Jan 8, 2021
Indiana
Hi I am going to install a wood burning stove in my metal enclosed carport that has been spray foamed on the inside. My question is I would like to vent straight out the top of my stove and thru the metal corrugated carport roof and I had an idea to use triple wall pipe thru the metal roof and cut the hole as tight as possible than use Peel and Seal to make the hole watertight by cutting and overlapping vertical strips around the pipe and roof. I have researched the rubber boots that slide over the pipe and conform to the metal roof but I'm worried they won't last very long with the expansion and contraction from the Midwest climate and sun. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
83862193-B4D1-4AC8-AEE6-244C0C810AEE.jpeg

Hi I am going to install a wood burning stove in my metal enclosed carport that has been spray foamed on the inside. My question is I would like to vent straight out the top of my stove and thru the metal corrugated carport roof and I had an idea to use triple wall pipe thru the metal roof and cut the hole as tight as possible than use Peel and Seal to make the hole watertight by cutting and overlapping vertical strips around the pipe and roof. I have researched the rubber boots that slide over the pipe and conform to the metal roof but I'm worried they won't last very long with the expansion and contraction from the Midwest climate and sun. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you!View attachment 271597
Buy metal roof flashing and cut it into the roof. But be aware it is against code in the usa to install a solid fuel burner ina garage.

Thank you, I'm trying to picture how to cut the metal in.
The metal roof flashing comes with instructions. Regular flashing you just cut out the oval then a slit to slide the flashing up through.