flat heat exchangers and circulation pumps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hedge wood said:
Need suggestions for the best place to order flat plate heat exchangers and circulation pumps from.

What size are you going to go with?

Do your homework to determine the size of plate hx required: calculate the heat load the plate hx needs to serve, the required flow rate, pump head for the hx and other plumbing, and the circ required. This is not always an easy calculation. E-bay has been good to me in finding plate hx's and circs at reasonable prices.

For plate HX, the best bet is eBay......... For Circs, I find that PexSupply.com is about as cheap as they come for retail supply, and not much more expensive than ebay...... Although you can get some great deals on eBay if you're buying used pumps.... But for new, I just get them from PexSupply.......

I'll throw in that I have a 70 plate 5x12 inch unit with 1" ports for sale.... $300 w/ free shipping..... Not sure if this is the size you need, but I'll shamelessly plug for myself anyway.. :)

I've found Patriot-Supply.com to have good selection and prices on circulators and similar parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.