Flex Liner to Class A chimney adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdbrnr

Feb 7, 2008
Western Oregon
Think I know what to do but thought I would ask here first. I currently have a Hearthstone Tribute direct vented into an old unlined masonry chimney with stainless flex liner. I cut out the damper plate last year when I installed and was in the process of placing the liner through the whole masonry chimney when I found that the mortar in the chimney was soft and the whole chimney was cracked and falling apart. Burned the stove last winter with the flex liner shoved up into the old chimney (I know, not a good idea.) Fast forward to yesterday. While adding some sections of Class A chimney to my other stove (it was a tad short) I decided to get this other chimney fixed up right. Demo'd the whole crumbling chimney to the roof line and left the one block at the roof intact. I have enough liner left to reinstall from stove to top of square chimney block at the roof line. Now what. I have the top plate and clamp system that came with the liner but I am not sure how I am going to adapt the liner to the Class A chimney I will install, and what should I use as a base to get the class A started. I've looked a a few adapters and top plates, but can't find exactly what I need.

Thanks

Simpson duravent makes the exact part you are looking for

http://duravent.com/pdf/catalogs/duratech.pdf

Page 12 of the PDF "Transition Anchor Plate"

It is supposed to be for the duraliner but it looks like its a slip section so it might work for other liners as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.