Flex Wrap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dolores57

Nov 19, 2005
I am curious about this insulation that goes around SS liner. I have noticed some people seem to think it necessary and other do not. I would like to get feedback from the folks who do and who dont use it and why. thanks d

The insulation holds in heat and provides better liner draft. It also prevents heat from escaping and add an extra layer of protection should a chimney fire occure or your chimney is not in the best condition, holding in heat is an extra margine of safety to combustiables in case of a crack in the brick work or liners. Many liner manufactures spec insulation so it is a necessary component to gain UL certification, It is best to check liner you are planning to install, download the installation instructions and read the requirements. Many will require insulation, when the chimney has exposed walls to the outside. At this time Code does not require insulation, unless it is part of the manufacture's listing

Status
Not open for further replies.