Flexible liner estimate.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HitzerHillbilly

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2014
Northern Indiana
Just had a certified chimney sweep give me an estimate for installing a 6 inch flexible insulated liner. Approximately 30 feet. He would have to bust out the clay tiles, and he gave me a estimate of $2850. He said that is max the price will be, if everything goes smooth could be closer to $2000. Seems kind of pricey but thought I would ask the experts on here what they thought. Flexible liner is due to the offset in the chimney

Just had a certified chimney sweep give me an estimate for installing a 6 inch flexible insulated liner. Approximately 30 feet. He would have to bust out the clay tiles, and he gave me a estimate of $2850. He said that is max the price will be, if everything goes smooth could be closer to $2000. Seems kind of pricey but thought I would ask the experts on here what they thought. Flexible liner is due to the offset in the chimney
If it is heavy wall flex and he is insulating the numbers sound about right. We don't price that way though we give a definite price in the middle and some times we make out well and other times we dont make much. It evens out for us and we are able to give definite numbers to our customers. There is nothing wrong with the way he does it just different from what we do.

If it is heavy wall flex and he is insulating the numbers sound about right. We don't price that way though we give a definite price in the middle and some times we make out well and other times we dont make much. It evens out for us and we are able to give definite numbers to our customers. There is nothing wrong with the way he does it just different from what we do.

Thanks for the quick reply, he was the first and the only quote so far. Really no sweeps around here to compare to. I appreciate you getting back so quick again. Thanks bhollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.