Floor Plan for stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zoso2385

Nov 4, 2018
Southeastern, Ct
Hi All, I have recently put a tile hearth in for my new stove Jøtul F500. The stove will sit on my main floor in front of an existing fireplace in the center of the house. I am having the stove installed next week with about a 27-28 foot insulated liner (using rear flue exit of stove). I am wondering what you all think on how well the stove will heat my house the main floor is about 1000 square feet. There are two bedrooms above the kitchen/dining area and one bedroom above the living room. c09bc00e2bd9444d4eac29066853c50e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should work ok, but could benefit from a fan blowing from the LR through the right side french doors into the kitchen area. That will set up a convection loop pulling in heat from the opposite side.

Should work ok, but could benefit from a fan blowing from the LR through the right side french doors into the kitchen area. That will set up a convection loop pulling in heat from the opposite side.

That’s a good idea, I will do that. I’m hoping the upstairs will also heat up ok, but it is a long hallway with 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. Each bedroom does have a ceiling fan to maybe get some air flowing. Also the ceiling of the first floor has no Sheetrock, rough cut pine beams hold up the second floor with Tongue and groove pine sub flooring above that. Not sure if heat transfers any better with no Sheetrock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk