Flue cleaning on Quad Mt Vernon insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cavermedic

Jun 13, 2008
Southern Vermont
Can anyone fill me in about the ease/difficulty of cleaning the flue on a Mt Vernon fireplace insert? The local dealer didn't have a unit to view and wasn't real clear. He mentioned that you can access something thru the right side panel, but their installation manual doesn't show anything or say anything. We plan to vent the unit up the existing chimney, 4" flue pipe to the top (30 feet). Thanks!

Through the right panel you can reach some clips that release the flue from the unit. I will admit it is not the easiest thing to get at but I have done it. Once you release the flue you could tape a bag over the end and sweep the chimney out.

Status
Not open for further replies.