Flue collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chad D

May 28, 2023
Utah
Hi I'm new to the group. I recently was given a wood stove without a flue collar. The opening on top was rectangular and I couldn't find an adapter to fit. I made one out of 1/8" steel. Will this be thick enough? Should I weld it to the top of the stove or is there a better way to connect it? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like this is an old stove, probably an insert. They often need a flue adapter. What are the flue outlet dimensions? Can you post a picture of the stove and also one of the flue outlet?

20230528_192013.jpg
it's a freestanding stove the vent opening is 14"×3-1/2". I'll send more pictures they just take a minute to load