Flue sweeping results

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
This was from the second half of the burning season. This soot was all very fine powder. The big chunks on the sides were clunkers that were in the ash of firebox that I could pick up with ash vac initially. I definitely burned wood that was wetter than my normal. I’ve since reconfigured my stacks so that the wood is not getting wet and better airflow. That should get me back to very little soot at cleaning time.
Used sooteater, which works well, just wish the poles were a little easier to detach.
The Jotul 550 has cast baffles which makes this a bit back breaking. My hats off to you pro sweeps that do this day in and day out. 1E56B1B2-5C02-4730-AD8D-13660FF128E3.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that picture--gosh that stuff even looks dangerous when just taking a picture of it..My stove man says that he can detach something from my pipe and clean it when I decide to use it once a year..Yea hats off to chimney sweepers,,yes..clancey