Fluemiser, has anyone used it, do you know anything about it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sendek

Hearth Supporter
Nov 28, 2008
Southwest PA
I have a soapstone wood burner, I am going to put radiant underfloor heat in my home,. I have a great room that has 17' ceiling that is open to the second floor. the first floor hardwood is always cold, because of the heat rising. My basement can get to 70 Degrees but my first floor is still cold around 65 degrees. Has anyone tried a FLuemiser.com to heat water for radiant heat or any other suggestions?
My home is 2500 sq feet. First floor is 1800 sq ft with the same size basement. Home is 12 years old, in Southwest PA.
2x6 walls, basement is almost entirely underground (below Grade)

Thanks,

Tom

It sounds like a good idea, but I don't think it will work as intended. It will produce very little usable hot (warm) water and will serve to cool your venting and thus increase creosote deposits. The best way to reclaim any BTUs from venting is to let heat radiate into the living space without actively cooling the pipe. A ceiling fan is your best bet to get some heat to floor level, and then a separate source of heat for your radiant flooring if you go that way.
Is it a stove or masonry heater, and is it in the basement? How warm does the second floor get?

My woodburner is in the basement, and the second floor gets to 65 degrees depending on the outside temperature.

My suggestion would be a second stove on the first floor. A smaller one would probably suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.