Q&A Follow-up to Sierra woodstove inquiry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Your service is terrific! Received your reply within hours last time & it was clear & helpful & much appreciated. Just one more question: Seem to have a plate that came with the Sierra stove that is the same length (26") and about 8" wide with a lip along the length. It appears that it could be wedged along the back top edge of the stove & serve as a baffle, but I'm not sure if that is its place or function. Can you help me out? Thanks so much....Pete

Answer:

Tough not looking at the piece..If it is 1/4 thick, it probably goes inside the stove in the upper part and serves as a smoke baffle....If it is thinner, it is probably a heat shield of some sort that fits on the rear or bottom of the stove. Sorry I cannot be more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.