Removing FMI 42GC zero clearance and alcove build for Hearthstone Mansfield 8012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This project has finally come to an end! My wife and I are super happy with how it turned out!

This was only my second time doing any tile and never a pattern before, so the herringbone pattern took me a while to line up. I ended up doing a mock up on the garage floor to get it all lined up perfectly to begin with before I started cutting.

The stove is 550lbs so I strapped 4' 2x4's to the side and 4 of us lifted it into place and were able to adjust it easily for the flue placement.

I am not using the outside air vent that I added, with my stove and blower I cannot really route the vent tubing, but it is there for a future stove if I need it, just like the gas line I kept also.

Just in time for a cold northern Nevada winter!

IMG_8594.jpeg IMG_8690.jpeg IMG_8701.jpeg IMG_8710.jpeg IMG_8720.jpeg IMG_8760.jpeg IMG_8785.jpeg IMG_8879.jpeg IMG_8881.jpeg IMG_8952.jpeg IMG_8994.jpeg IMG_9002.jpeg IMG_9003.jpeg IMG_9005.jpeg IMG_9007.jpeg IMG_9026.jpeg IMG_9259.jpeg

This is a link to my exterior chase and flue rebuild for this project: That was a lot of work too!

Well done, it's a sharp-looking install. Enjoy the new warmth and fire.

Reactions: jesse72