For your viewing pleasure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

leaf blower trick on my 26' vertical vent after brushing

Attachments

• 2009_0305Image0007.JPG
    2009_0305Image0007.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,984
  • 2009_0305Image0008 (Medium).JPG
    2009_0305Image0008 (Medium).JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,881
  • 2009_0305Image0011.JPG
    2009_0305Image0011.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 2009_0305Image0013.JPG
    2009_0305Image0013.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,853
Wow............... That's a lot of stuff.............. Very cool.......

debris from brushing was still in pipe, have top vent adapter and inside clean out so I decided to take it out the top and keep the house clean

Each time I cleaned mine with the leaf blower, I did note that the black cloud was quickly gone. I'm no expert on the matter, but I am guessing the reason the cloud didn't drift far off was because the particles are heavy and quickly fall to the ground. I won't use this cleaning method unless the air is fairly still. I don't want any drift that would give cause for someone to complain. Not rocket science, but the more frequently you do this, the less noticeable the cloud is. I do my cleaning early in the Am when the air is usually still and my only one neighbor has gone off to work! He is a nice guy but very obsessive about neatness. I have seen him running a vac. on his lawn after he cuts the grass!

burnemifyagotem----------------------Nice pics! Thanks!

I think I need to get me a leaf blower.

What brand of stove do you have and what pellets were you burning?

Thanks.

56 chevtruck said:
red green would be proud of ya lol. pretty funny pic .

Especially if burnemifyagotem had used a lot of duct tape along with the leaf blower! :coolsmirk:

burnem,
Nice pics. Thanks for the post.

I use a leaf-blower the same way, on the side of my light yellow house. Does a nice job cleaning the vent pipe (14' horizontal run of 4" vent pipe). Haven't had any problems with it getting on the house, but only used it twice. I point the leaf-blower down into the lawn. The grass likes it. The black spot on the grass goes away after a while.

Leafblowervent2.jpg

Dayyum, your leaf blower must have some super ballz
sucking the stuff up a 24' vertical.

just a cheapie weedeater brand I swiped from the father in law

thinking about doing the leaf blower trick on my breckwell big e, but i imagine this might cause problems with the pressure switch? anyone tried this with a big e have any feedback?

thanks-
tim

Status
Not open for further replies.