Forever Flex Preinsulated?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Poor

Oct 7, 2013
I've been considering liner options for my new masonry block chimney and ran across the Forever Flex preinsulated product from Olympia which features a 430 stainless outer wall with a 316 Ti inner steel liner. Compared to the MagnaFlex InsuFlex, it seems to be priced quite competitively i.e., lower - about $720 for a kit from Fireplace-Chimneystore.com Both liners claim a zero clearance within a masonry chimney and I like the idea of a double wall insulated design, both for installation ease and safety/performance.

Has anyone had any experience with either the Forever Flex product or the seller - Fireplace-Chimneystore.com?

My semi-local stove dealer quoted me a Forever Flex product, but getting specifics about what he is installing has been a bit difficult. (I'm assuming it's their lighter weight 304L version with insulation blanket and standard kit package.) While I was originally planning for a dealer install, I might decide to tackle this one myself since the scaffolding is still in place and I have the basic skill-set and tools.

Not the Forever flex, or that dealer, but I did just install my MagnaFlex Insulflex liner kit today though. If you are interested in the Insulflex at all, send me a PM, there is a Magnaflex rep that is a member here on Hearth, I can give ya his info, he'll give ya a "smokin" ;lol deal!

Not the Forever flex, or that dealer, but I did just install my MagnaFlex Insulflex liner kit today though. If you are interested in the Insulflex at all, send me a PM, there is a Magnaflex rep that is a member here on Hearth, I can give ya his info, he'll give ya a "smokin" ;lol deal!
Was it a good install???

Speaking of, there he is! Yup, it went as well as one could expect doing it by myself! Had the first fire last night. Hey, thanks again for catching the mistake on that top plate, I probably wouldn't have seen it 'til I already had the liner down the hole!

Last edited:
Speaking of, there he is! Yup, it went as well as one could expect doing it by myself! Had the first fire last night. Hey, thanks again for catching the mistake on that top plate, I probably wouldn't have seen it 'til I already had the liner down the hole!

Thanks for the information. Thinking about a modification for a clean-out beneath the tee which might make it a slightly out-of-the-box package. May run it past the above gentleman for suggestions and cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.