Found a surprise in my pellets! :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ocelot

Burning Hunk
Dec 27, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
So, I opened a sealed bag of my Matra White pine pellets and dumped them into my storage can and found a worker's glove. This was the first time in 12 years of burning pellets I ever found something in a bag of pellets and thought it was kind of funny, so I wrote the company the following email with an attached photo of the glove and bag.

Hello,

When I was a kid, it was always fun waiting to see what kind of fun surprise was waiting to be found, hidden deep within the breakfast cereal box. Who knew as an adult, the fun would continue! Anyway, I opened a bag of my favorite wood heating pellets, Matra brand, and as I poured the pellets into my storage bin, along with that distinctive wonderful white pine smell, there it was in all its surprise glory. A surprise reminiscent of those childhood days and the aforementioned cereal box. Upon closer examination however, my surprise bonus turned out to be Vince’s lost leather palmed work glove. It’s a pretty nice glove though so I’m hoping to find the other one in one of the remaining bags of the half ton I bought from this pallet. Afterall a nice pair of work gloves is a great bonus, but I fortunately have two hands instead of one, so the other glove would be great to have as well. I have attached a photo of the glove and bag it came out of.

All kidding aside, I love your Matra wood pellets and although they cost significantly more than box store pellets and I must travel 70 miles to get them, I do it anyway for the quality. And please don’t be too hard on Vince for losing his glove in a bag of pellets, after all, mistakes happen.

Best regards,

Raymond Morgan

Vince Glove.JPG

So, I opened a sealed bag of my Matra White pine pellets and dumped them into my storage can and found a worker's glove. This was the first time in 12 years of burning pellets I ever found something in a bag of pellets and thought it was kind of funny, so I wrote the company the following email with an attached photo of the glove and bag.

Hello,

When I was a kid, it was always fun waiting to see what kind of fun surprise was waiting to be found, hidden deep within the breakfast cereal box. Who knew as an adult, the fun would continue! Anyway, I opened a bag of my favorite wood heating pellets, Matra brand, and as I poured the pellets into my storage bin, along with that distinctive wonderful white pine smell, there it was in all its surprise glory. A surprise reminiscent of those childhood days and the aforementioned cereal box. Upon closer examination however, my surprise bonus turned out to be Vince’s lost leather palmed work glove. It’s a pretty nice glove though so I’m hoping to find the other one in one of the remaining bags of the half ton I bought from this pallet. Afterall a nice pair of work gloves is a great bonus, but I fortunately have two hands instead of one, so the other glove would be great to have as well. I have attached a photo of the glove and bag it came out of.

All kidding aside, I love your Matra wood pellets and although they cost significantly more than box store pellets and I must travel 70 miles to get them, I do it anyway for the quality. And please don’t be too hard on Vince for losing his glove in a bag of pellets, after all, mistakes happen.

Best regards,

Raymond Morgan

View attachment 289435
Awesome! Most people would just complain! Don't be surprised if you get a gift in the mail.

Reactions: clancey
Awesome! Most people would just complain! Don't be surprised if you get a gift in the mail.
Nah, for me no point in complaining. Mistakes happen and I thought it was amusing anyway which was what I was hoping to convey with the email I sent them. I just hope Vince doesn't get in any trouble as a result. :):)

Ray

Reactions: clancey and Mt Bob
I bet Vinces right hand is getting cold.

Following. Let us know when they reply:)

Sorry for the delay, I had a medical procedure and was offline for a bit. Anyway, I did receive a reply from Matra.

This is what they wrote:

Good morning M. Morgan,
You have a great sense of humor!
I’m currently embarrassed and sincerely sorry! I know mistakes can happen but this is a glove, not just a little thing.

Thank you for your email and for sure the production will be notified.

Best regards,

Milisa