Found some wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
[QUOTE="Tar12, post: 2242664, member: 53997".]..remember nothing will start to season until its split.

it's a logical fallacy because of the word 'nothing'
it doesn't matter the context, it's still a fallacy

if you mean firewood doesn't season sufficiently fast if unsplit then state that.

[/QUOTE]

I know this forum gets pretty nit picky but I think we all knew what he meant. What a jolly bunch some of you are.

Reactions: Jeffm1 and Tar12
hmm douglas fir.....I know that is not ideal as it is a softer wood and does not have great BTU's right.
I would take every single bit of Douglas fir I could get. If you don’t want it send it my way!

Btw, I don’t think that’s DF there....

[QUOTE="Tar12, post: 2242664, member: 53997".]..remember nothing will start to season until its split...

it's a logical fallacy because of the word 'nothing'
it doesn't matter the context, it's still a fallacy

if you mean firewood doesn't season sufficiently fast if unsplit then state that.

The first two pics in the thread might be cherry but the wet sapwood makes the sapwood appear darker than the heartwood which is backwards from what one might expect.

No, that is not a “logical fallacy.” Maybe it’s a fallacy, maybe it’s not. But that statement is not an example of a “logical” fallacy. An example of a “logical fallacy” would be : Hitler was German. He was a Nazi. Therefore all Germans are Nazis.