Fourteen hour BK burn with pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Despite real high winds here last night, I was able to achieve an honest 14 hour burn with these rounds. Beech,hickory,locust setting #2 got the fire going at 730pm by midnight the house was way too warm (main part)80*kicked her down to1.5 and at 930am house was 74*no complaints here reloaded at 300*with a partial load,white oak won't touch her till 6pm tonight.Bedroom with door closed off stayed at a comfy 65*.I might actually figure this beast out by winters end.The rounds on fresh splits all from the same area of woodshed showed 15 to 17% mc splits not shown too small for the conditions last night.

Attachments

• bbk burn 001-1.jpg
    bbk burn 001-1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 464
  • bbk burn 002-1.jpg
    bbk burn 002-1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 457
Last nights burn went for about 16 1/2 hours, low 20's with some pretty good wind. Stove top was 300 when I reloaded. You could easily get more out of your King by removing some ash. I also run my up near the top of the bricks most of the time, when I know some cold is coming I clean a few inches out to make room for an extra row of splits. I like rounds but you give up a lot of space with all the gaps they create.

An easy/honest 14 hour burn without cramming it full is nothing to sneeze at!!

rdust said:
I like rounds but you give up a lot of space with all the gaps they create.

An easy/honest 14 hour burn without cramming it full is nothing to sneeze at!!

+1

I was thinking the same thing as looked at the pics. I'm sure you know, if you use splits and are willing to play a little game of Tetris with them to get the firebox packed tight, you can get a much longer burn than 14 hours.

Thats awsome I could burn four of those in mine and get three hours of hot burn time. Good stuff keep em burning

Most were about 4.5 to 7 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.