Free Firewood Northern Nj

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SmokinDiesel

Jan 19, 2013
Northern NJ
Located in Bloomingdale , i have about 6 cords of red oak logs already cut to 18" . I'm selling the house and its taking up room in the yard . About 2 cords of split wood also free for the taking but must take rounds first . PM me and get this stuff out of here ! Thanks

Thanks , i just want the wood to go to someone who will use it . The odds of the home buyer having a wood addiction like myself are very slim haha Please , anyone in the area come get this wood , i'd hate to just roll it into the woods and let it rot .

I'm in Bedminster Somerset county, I think you're too far.

Sorry guys but KennyP was first to contact me . If there is any wood left when he is done i will give it to the next person in line , its only fair . Thank you guys again

Just an update, I did (2) loads with my truck and trailer, as well as another "friend" with just his long bed pick up, we split the pile 50/50, we are both looking at roughly 2 1/4 cords each, with me having to do all the splitting since I elected to take the unseasoned rounds.
Unfortunately Smokindiesel will be cleaned out with use taking the last few loose wood pieces on Monday.
This was a great hook up considering the other guy with us had no wood yet for next year, a big thank you to Smokindiesel.
Now onto some splitting and stacking this weekend.

Nice of you to share the splits with your friend Kenny. How many trips is that guy going to do with his pickup? Even with an HD+8ft bed you are looking at 5-7 trips.

Enjoy the stash. I think I probably have better use for some maple or ash that will season this year. This red oak is probably best for someone planning to season for a few years like you are planning Kenny.

Nice of you to share the splits with your friend Kenny. How many trips is that guy going to do with his pickup? Even with an HD+8ft bed you are looking at 5-7 trips.

Enjoy the stash. I think I probably have better use for some maple or ash that will season this year. This red oak is probably best for someone planning to season for a few years like you are planning Kenny.
He built wood split racks for his bed so he can hold twice the load than normal beds, yes shoot for maple and ash, birch also seems to do good around here, split on the smaller side 3-4" max and crib stack everything (cris cross) try to stack in an area that gets wind, sun is a plus but wind imo is what really speed things up, top over your splits only or you'll be creating a green house

IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3216.JPG
5 hours later

Reactions: Lone_Gun and johneh
There are threads on the site about using a greenhouse to quickly dry wood. :)
lol I was referring to if you cover your whole split pile with a tarp before its dried out, you will create a mold condition, I found that out 2 yrs ago.