Free oak!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
God bless Craigslist! Checking Craigslist everyday is kind of like playing the lottery everyday (except checking Craigslist costs you nothing)-most of the time you're going to get skunked, but there are those rare occasions when it all pays off. I've seen my share of ads on CL for "Free tree-just cut it down so that it falls within the 10 foot wide alley between my house and my neighbor's house," and "FREE PINE!!! Wood is located 500 feet from the road in poison ivy patch..." This haul was a dream-nice fireplace length oak neatly stacked in the driveway-backed the truck right up and went to town. If only I had stake sides (and no toolbox :) ) I could have grabbed the entire load!

oak.jpg

that makes for a quick load

smokinj said:

No kiddin-email sent at 9:00 AM. Left the office at 12:00 Noon, back in my chair by 1:05 PM! What's even sweeter is that my supervisor saw me pulling in all loaded down and said that seeing all that wood reminded me that she's having two walnuts and a mulberry taken down in her backyard at the end of the week. This day just keeps getting better!

Badfish740 said:
smokinj said:

No kiddin-email sent at 9:00 AM. Left the office at 12:00 Noon, back in my chair by 1:05 PM! What's even sweeter is that my supervisor saw me pulling in all loaded down and said that seeing all that wood reminded me that she's having two walnuts and a mulberry taken down in her backyard at the end of the week. This day just keeps getting better!
This is how it all Begin's!!!!!!! congrats

Hey Im in Bedminster. Is there any left?

Last summer I posted a cl add and a minister on about 150 acres had a ginormic red oak, a white oak, and a hickory go down. I came by 3 times a week to get it out and the second week they had a lot of it cut down for me!!! That is this years wood! I think there is about 3.5 cords cut and stacked ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.