Free PDF editor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fsappo

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2008
Central NY
Anyone know of a trusted free PDF editor? Nothing fancy, I just want to change some text on a form.

Thanks in advance

I think you can get a 30 day free trial with Acrobat. I am not aware of any freeware PDF editors, however. Would be cool though...

I got mine pretty cheap off ebay a few years back.

Some wordprocessing software includes a pdf editor or it can be added at a low price.

I need to take a PDF that was emailed to me and change some things around. It happens so rarely that it didn't make sense to buy a program....yet

Depending on the length of the form, an easy or tedious way is to open the .pdf with the Adobe Reader, click File/Save As Other, and pick the text option. Then open the text file with Word or something like that and reformat the text to look like the original, but with the text changes you want. If the form has graphics on it, this won't work, as saving the .pdf as text won't save that, I don't think.

Dick, went that route and the doc does have graphics. I guess its do without or some day get editing software. Thanks. Lords of the forum, I grant permission to close this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.