Free wood is the prettiest!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

av8roc

Nov 2, 2009
Long Island, NY
I just liked this picture so I thought I would share. I got my first load of free wood today and got it back to the house to start splitting: Beautiful oak!
IMG00042-20091212-1532.jpg

Nice pic Roc. Love that supa splitta!

Love that oak! The Fiskars sure can make a lot of cuts in a round.

nice shot. im going to have to get me one of those axes, ive got a couple i use for kindling that are in the small and just above medium size, pete

Thanks guys. Yeah that Super Splitter is amazing! I had a task force 5 ton electric going and the fiskars as well and I found myself using the maul more often. Its quick and goes through just about anything on the first attempt. There were several pieces that the electric splitter just stalled on and I was able to get with the Fiskars with no problem at all. Good stuff.

lOOKS like a nice tool. Have a few sizes of the gerber pack axes/hatchets, just haven't been able to pull the trigger on any of the splitters yet! Nice score on the free wood BTW

PINEBURNER said:
lOOKS like a nice tool. Have a few sizes of the gerber pack axes/hatchets, just haven't been able to pull the trigger on any of the splitters yet! Nice score on the free wood BTW

I think a hatchet is in the cards for me next. I find myself using the SS to hack at some of the stringy pieces coming off the splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.