FRIENDS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenergrass

Sep 28, 2006
A friend of mine told me he had two trees cut down and asked if I wanted the wood. Of course I told him yes. We agreed that Thursday this week I would go and get it. He was'nt sure what kind of wood it was. Today at 2:00 he shows up with his truck full of oak!!! He said there is probably 2 more loads and everything is mostly cut to size!!! Wow! made my day.

Good friends now adays are hard to come by, I find alot of mine always have a reason to call or stop by, can I borrow this?, can you fix that for me? Its refreshing when you find a friend that simply turns an ordinary day into XMAS in October for you. I met a guy for 40 minutes from this forum, Warren, and when I left his house I had a truckload of wood, and an invitation to stop by anytime and reload her Steve, even if I'm not here, you know where to grab it from, hmmm last time my long time friends asked me to stop by it was like dont forget tobring the drill, saw, money etc etc. By the way Warren, I'll make a return run as soon as I can rent that tractor trailer, hehehehhe!

hardwood715 said:
Good friends now adays are hard to come by, I find alot of mine always have a reason to call or stop by, can I borrow this?, can you fix that for me? Its refreshing when you find a friend that simply turns an ordinary day into XMAS in October for you. I met a guy for 40 minutes from this forum, Warren, and when I left his house I had a truckload of wood, and an invitation to stop by anytime and reload her Steve, even if I'm not here, you know where to grab it from, hmmm last time my long time friends asked me to stop by it was like dont forget tobring the drill, saw, money etc etc. By the way Warren, I'll make a return run as soon as I can rent that tractor trailer, hehehehhe!
:bug:

:) . Seriously, I will be by, have to adjust to the standard time again, remeber to load the truck with flashlights now that its dark by going home from work time! BTY Warren that tip you gave me bout the pine, well seems it not only works, but cleaned itself up too! What tacky stuff, where did it go? Now thats a fire =:-O

A friend from our church found out that I was always looking for wood. He dragged probably 25 tops out of his woods right down to the level dirt area by his barn. I went last night for the first time, when he got there, he gets his splitter out and split all the bigger stuff and put it in my trailer. I told him how much I appreciate the wood, and his dragging it out for me, all he said was "I needed to clear out around my deer stand anyway". There's probably almost enough wood for a season there now, he said as long as there's not too much snow, he'll keep dragging them out for me. Of course, I can only cut safely for about 1 1/2 hours after work now, but that fills my trailer anyway. So I figure 1/2 cord per day, not bad! It's all maple and cherry, maybe a little beech. It was cut in the spring, so it's definitely not seasoned, but I can wait on free wood.

My two best friends are always around to help, we kind of rotate through projects at each others' houses. We always make sure everybody's got their wood in, house buttoned up, etc. Then we can spend more time hunting! ;)

Good Score, That was nice of him

hardwood715 said:
:) . Seriously, I will be by, have to adjust to the standard time again, remeber to load the truck with flashlights now that its dark by going home from work time! BTY Warren that tip you gave me bout the pine, well seems it not only works, but cleaned itself up too! What tacky stuff, where did it go? Now thats a fire =:-O

The tip....Burn hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.