FTF8 - Why was it discontinued?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FlyFish'n

Oct 23, 2021
OH
Does anyone have a clue why FTF8 flue pipe systems were discontinued? All I'm finding is that they were - but not why. There are adapters out there to convert to 8DM, also. So I guess I could also ask why 8DM is taking the place of FTF8?

Does anyone have a clue why FTF8 flue pipe systems were discontinued? All I'm finding is that they were - but not why. There are adapters out there to convert to 8DM, also. So I guess I could also ask why 8DM is taking the place of FTF8?
Call the manufacturer and ask them if there are any options for converting. Many times there are not.

Call the manufacturer and ask them if there are any options for converting. Many times there are not.
Im not looking to adapt anything - I want to know what is wrong with FTF8, if there is something wrong with it. Is there a design flaw with it? Or was a short-coming in FTF8 improved upon with the advent of 8DM? Why is 8DM superior to FTF8?

Im not looking to adapt anything - I want to know what is wrong with FTF8, if there is something wrong with it. Is there a design flaw with it? Or was a short-coming in FTF8 improved upon with the advent of 8DM? Why is 8DM superior to FTF8?
It may not be superior at all. There are lots of reasons a company would shift from one product to another. But it's all just air cooled chimney. It's pretty crappy regardless.

I did find that there is an adapter as well